What is Cannonsburg Kids?
Cannonsburg Kids is a weekend learn to ski and ride program for kids ages 6-12 at any ability level. The program runs both days of the weekend with registration beginning at 9am throughout the season in the Bear Creek room. Whether a first time skier/snowboarder, or an enthusiast looking to tackle race gates or terrain parks, our instructors are here to help! Cannonsburg Kids is specifically designed to help those ages 6-12 years old learn, progress and feel more confident on the hill!
*Please note that Cannonsburg Kids is NOT a private lesson. Groups range from 5-10 kids (depending on skill level). Most kids feel very comfortable in the group setting and have a lot of fun with our younger instructors. They learn skills but also learn organically while practicing with their peers.
What Gear is Necessary?
Snow pants, jackets, warm gloves or mittens, hats, warm socks and lots of layers. The majority of the day is spent outside, so please have your child dress appropriately for the weather! Ski and Snowboard rentals are available for $15 (see below).
Buy a single lesson, or take advantage of our discounted 3-day progression package ($25 savings). We offer gear rentals and helmet rentals.
Registration for Cannonsburg Kids is located in the hallway outside the Bear Creek room (West side of main lodge). When you enter the parking lot, park on the right side and enter the West side doors. Instructors will greet you and your little ones, and start the registration process. Registration and check-in begins at 9am on both Saturday and Sunday. Please arrive with plenty of time to check-in, meet the instructors, and get your child settled in. Our goal is to have all Cannonsburg Kids geared up and ready to go by 10am. Once your child is checked in, they will head outside with instructors until the session begins. Please make sure that they are dressed warmly.
Ski & Snowboard Rentals
Cannonsburg has ski and snowboards available for rental at a discounted rate. The daily rental cost is $15 and includes boots. If you need rentals, please add it to your purchase when registering online. Helmets are an additional $10. We HIGHLY RECOMMEND helmets!
Register online here to reserve a spot.
*When purchasing a 3-day progression package, please note that only the first day can be reserved online. The other two lessons need to be booked with the Cannonsburg Kids director. You can email Zach Forbush (program director) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Cannonsburg Kids reservations are non-refundable. In the event of inclement weather, lessons will be rescheduled.
Cannonsburg Kids COVID-19 Policy
Our number one goal is to provide a fun, outdoor learning experience while keeping our employees and guests safe. There are so many health benefits to being active outside, and we offer a wide open space and plenty of fresh air for everyone to enjoy. This year, the Cannonsburg Kids program will be run entirely outside for a duration of 3 hours. Please dress your little ones appropriately! Masks must be worn at all times indoors, and outside when physical distancing isn't possible. Masks must be worn at the base of the hill and on lifts.
Here is what we are doing to ensure a safe experience!
- All staff members receive health checks daily. Upon arrival, their temperature is taken and they complete a verbal wellness survey.
- Cannonsburg staff will wear a clean mask at all times.
- We are following CDC guidelines for cleaning and sanitizing all surfaces and public areas.
- We will provide social distance barriers as well as markers.
- Ticket counters will be retrofit with sneeze guards.
- High touch areas will be sanitized with increased frequency throughout the day.
- Doors will be left open as much as possible to allow fresh air.
- We will be serving warm food and drinks out of The Sweet Spot and Burgie's Food Truck.
- Outside porta potties will be available at the base of the hill.
- Ski & Ride and Cannonsburg Kid instructors will meet clients and students outside, allowing more room for social distancing.