Our number one goal for the 2020-21 season is to provide a fun, outdoor experience while keeping our employees and guests safe. There are so many health benefits to being active outside, and we offer a wide open space and plenty of fresh air for everyone to enjoy.
Things might look different this season, but we are committed to staying open the entire winter. If we are forced to close due to Covid-19 for more than 7 days (between Dec. 26th and March 1st), we will issue a prorated credit towards the following season for the time closed.
WE’RE IN THIS TOGETHER
Here is what WE ARE DOING to keep employees and guests safe!
- Staff members receive health checks daily. Upon arrival, their temperature is taken and they complete a verbal wellness survey.
- Staff members will wear a clean mask at all times.
- We are following CDC guidelines for cleaning and sanitizing all surfaces and public areas.
- We will provide social distance barriers as well as markers.
- Ticket counters will be retrofitted with sneeze guards.
- High touch areas will be sanitized with increased frequency throughout the day.
- Doors will be left open as much as possible to allow fresh air.
- We will be serving warm food and drinks out of The Sweet Spot and Burgie’s Food Truck.
- Outside porta potties will be available around the base of the hill.
- Ski & Ride and Cannonsburg Kid instructors will meet clients and students in the Hearthside room (main lodge), allowing more room for social distancing.
STOP THE SPREAD, SO THAT WE CAN ALL SHRED
Here is what WE ARE ASKING FROM YOU when visiting Cannonsburg Ski Area.
- Wear a mask! Masks must be worn at all times indoors, and outside whenever in lines, riding lifts, and riding the tubing magic carpet. Please be aware that the chair lift or magic carpet will be stopped immediately if you don't have a mask on. Masks must be worn on the deck and base area when social distancing isn't possible. *Please adhere to signage placed inside the lodge and outside the facility. Anyone failing to comply with rules will have their ticket/season pass taken away for the day and will be asked to leave immediately.
- Wash your hands...often!
- Practice physical distancing! We ask that all guests maintain at least 6 feet of physical distancing from others at all times.
- Stay home if you are sick...PLEASE! Our employees will not come to work sick, and we ask that you stay home if sick. Cannonsburg will be waiting for you when you are back to being healthy.
- Have fun and be safe! We are so thankful that we are able to ski & ride this winter. Things might be different than previous years, but being outside and active is more important than ever. Let’s protect each other so that we can shred all winter long.
Know Before You Go
Face Coverings Required! Face coverings are required for both staff and guests at all times when indoors. Face coverings are also required at all times while waiting in a lift line, food line, ticket line, or when loading and riding a chairlift. Face coverings are also required outside on the deck anytime that social distancing isn’t possible.
Social Distance- Please maintain at least 6 feet distance between you and other parties. There will be social distance markers and barriers to help with traffic flow.
Lift Lines- Ride with the people you arrive with. Guests will not be required to ride a chairlift with people they don’t know, with the only exception being our Quad chair. If two strangers feel comfortable riding the quad, they will be allowed to do so as long as they each sit on opposing sides. Face coverings are required in lift lines and while riding chairlifts at all times.
Dress warm! Our lodge is currently closed, except for purchasing tickets (week days), grab-and-go food, and restroom use. There will not be seating available at this time. Plan on using your car to boot-up in, warm-up in, and potentially eat in.
Schedule drop-off and pick-up times! Since our lodge is currently closed, please make sure that you have a clear plan with your children (if you are dropping them off) on a pick-up time. Please make sure that they are dressed appropriately for changing weather conditions. There will be food available outside for purchase.